Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2012
175 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 17, 2013 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbaked75 View Post
Your psychiatrist won't kick you out if you feel better. You can still see and talk to him. But maybe a talk therapist would be cheaper/better for you? I know those are weekly, usually.

I get it: I'm pregnant and severely depressed. You like your Dr so much, he should be giving you better drugs! It doesn't sound like you are being appropriately medicated. I feel so crappy I wish I had more/better things to say. But seriously: have you told him you aren't doing well so you can get your meds adjusted?
My insurance actually covers my visits with him, and I'm way too attached to consider a new T. He does it very well. I do think he has been pushing me too hard lately, because a month ago I was doing really well and have backslided ever since he told me so.

re: the drugs. Im on effexor which had worked really well with ativan for breakthrough anxiety. Since everytime I feel messed up taking the whole bottle seems like a really good idea, I have refused anymore of it since it ran out. I've thought of upping the effexor, wondering if it is 'pooping out' as they say.
doyoutrustme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote