View Single Post
Douglas MacNeill

Member Since Dec 2012
20 hugs
given
Default Jan 17, 2013 at 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edpsy77 View Post
Why do 90 year old women have sex drives? Based on evolutionary theories on sexual behavior, sexual drives are absolutely tied to reproduction. I understand that reproductive urges can exist without the intent or even the capacity to reproduce but these exceptions are individuals who are in groups that overwhelmingly have the ability to reproduce. For instance, it is possible that a 20 year old male or female has a condition that prevents them from reproducing.However, most 20 year old adults can reproduce.

So again why do 90 year old women have sex drives? No 90 year old woman has the ability to become pregnant. Thus, it would conform to Darwinian logic that these women would lack a mating strategy. In other words, according to evolutionary logic, 90 year old women would be asexual. I would think mating strategies would apply to those who only have the ability to reproduce.
I don't know...perhaps because men and women enjoy love-making for good reasons other than reproduction? Because there is no earthly reason why a 90-year-old woman should not have a sex drive? You tell me.
Douglas MacNeill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote