hamster-bamster
Account Suspended

Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2013 at 06:30 PM

"Everything is too complicated, scary and confusing."

You have just made it more complicated, scarier, and much more confusing by joining something extreme. I mean, church finding you a husband? Are you not able to find yourself a husband when the time comes and you feel like it?? Why would you delegate this important task to the church? What else would they be doing for you - applying to colleges or for employment or whatever is relevant to you now? Who would have to live with that hypothetical husband - you or the church? If you, then you should oversee the selection process because you would deal with the consequences.

In a way it was a litmus test with your bf. He became abusive when deprived of intimacy. So, he is not the best. Abuse is bad.

But you should understand that you put him to a really extreme, unusual kind of test. Most girlfriends who have spent 5 years with their boyfriends do not stop sleeping with said boyfriends all of a sudden just because some extremists have brainwashed them. Do you realize that? I am not trying to excuse his abuse but just to say that he, well, went through an experience that is out of the range of ordinary.

So it seems that the boyfriend is no good and the church is no good. Not an enviable situation to be in, for sure...

From what I can gather, there is a whole range of available options in today's America in terms of denominations so you can most definitely find something that would strengthen rather than undermine you.
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote