Account Suspended

Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 19, 2013 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likewater View Post
i thought he loved me, but as he physically attacked me and endangered my life in the car after we were no longer sleeping together, i question whether he did. In the Judeo-Christrian religion, followers are not to have intimate relations before marriage and God is before all else abd the most important relationship before romantic love.
As an obvious fact, the majority of followers of the Judeo-Christian tradition in America engage in premarital sex. You got yourself into something extremist and fundamentalist, it seems. At the same time, helpful. So, a mixed bag. Good stuff and bad stuff. You can calmly identify what is good to isolate and analyze it. For example, it seems clear from your description that you enjoy and appreciate social support. That is very understandable and you definitely deserve support and nurturance. But many concgretaions engender social cohesion among their members, creating an environment that would be good for you, while at the same time interpreting religious texts in a more compassionate and modern manner, acting more as spiritual advisers, as Harley suggested, and less as prescribers and interventionists. I do not see much compassion to your inability to go off medications while on necessary medications in what you have described. Lastly, while it is excellent that you stopped giving yourself intimately to your bf
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote