View Single Post
Anonymous12111009

Default Jan 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee777 View Post
OK Yes Im going to try this again, lol, this sucks that Im the only one who posts on this thread, LOL, I know its not Psych centrals fault, nor mine either, But i sure in the hell know Im not the only one who battles with this disoder either, so Im trying to find a way to have my feller sufferers start to post, it doesnt matter what your posting just freaking post LOL.
Thing is, considering the nature of the disorder, it may be that many with the same issues as you may not get or seek help at all. Since a lot of the traits can be things that are somewhat acceptable or even desirable by society's standards - outgoing, sometimes bubbly, confidence, etc... it may be that these traits are masked as women/people who are very extroverted. They might just see their traits as not a problem.

I liken this to the situation with BPD and men, like myself. It ws thought at one point that the number of men with BPD was far smaller than it actually is and this results from men not getting help or getting dx'd. Similarly some of the traits as a man look differently as bpd, almost as if they accept the wrecklessness of bpd as "just being a man".

Hope this helps.
~S4
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
honeybee777

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, honeybee777