View Single Post
RiotOfWords

Member Since Feb 2013
Default Feb 12, 2013 at 04:57 PM

You know, not gonna lie.. haven't... really heard of it or anything.. BUT.. after my oldest who is 6 now... her father shut down... he stopped sleeping normal hours, I'd wake up at like.. 3 am and he'd be out on the computer. He stopped talking to me... he didn't want to have sex... I had to MAKE him hold her... he never fed her, played with her, bathed her... I mean, he was completely... shut down... He eventually came around I'd say about 9 months later... in a way. It was never really the same between us though and our second child just really made it worse.. but I didn't know how to deal with it because I'd ask or try and talk.. and .. he was a wall. Now, he says he was depressed but .. he let it sink him into a hole.. and ended up getting himself in trouble. I wish I had thought about that but the adjustment was really hard for me too.. so we weren't doing what the other needed for each other... Either way.. what I'm saying is.. becoming a parent is hard.. it's scary... but what's always helped me is to remember.. you're human, you'll never be perfect at anything in life and that's okay.. and those kids, will grow up.. whether you're ready for it or not. You need to remember you are still YOU.. only better, now you're a dad. Every parent is at least a little scared.. and every parent has moments they feel.. lost and forget themselves.... so when it happens... take that time to calmly sit and think and remember who you ARE.. and let yourself feel the love you have for that kid... it'll be okay.
RiotOfWords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote