View Single Post
hillbunnyb
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2005
Default Oct 09, 2006 at 10:40 AM

ok, we all are dealing with recovering from life as our lifestyle. how do you "unwind" back to your baseline?

I have a ritual that I must go through, oh geez, 10 times a day. Hours of time in a sort of "recovery glaze". When my neck is done doing its hold my head up job, I can't even watch the tv or read a book until I reset myself.

I lie on my back ergonomically, using the weight of my body and the positioning of pillows to create light traction for my whole spine.

Once I find the point of comfort for my basic body, I move on to focus on breathing and relaxing my jaw while lying on tennis balls for relaxing my back.

All the time being aware of any spot that needs me to shift or stretch or _______? to settle it down. I work the balls from one end of my spine to the other and back again until no spot is hollarin at me.

Then I rest a bit, just breathing, making little shifts, inventorying myself from top to bottom. Give pokes and prods where needed acupressurewise. I go for the gurgle. When I breath through a tighty, my belly gurgles approval. It's a neat biofeedback loop.

Then I do stretches and rest. Stretches and rest until my back starts popping back into place. Then I rest and enjoy being "in nuetral" (or as close to nuetral as I could get). Then get up and put in another 15 minutes to living my life.

If I can't get back to neutral and it's worn me down, I stop trying to do anything.....

hillbunnyb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote