View Single Post
(JD)
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2003
1,651 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 09, 2006 at 10:31 PM

I'm in flare, but can't figure out what I did to cause it... and have decided it is because I haven't been getting physical therapy the 3x a week like I need... for over a month it's been off count...and none since last Tuesday and not til Thursday now... plus the stress over the lawyer's incompetence.

I am using TENS... only 4 electrodes right now, but that's because I'm taking them on and off to get into a hot tub trying to ease the knots in my muscles! You can run your hands down my legs and physically feel the lumps of the knots When I got to bed (and hopefully sleep) tonight I will put 8 electrodes on.

I use ice packs also, and ice massages on the originating area (my sacrum is out...ilia and is resting on the sciatic nerves, pain radiating down both legs now) I have to alternate either ice or heat 15 minutes on , 15 minutes off... grrr

I also have a bottle of pain med set aside that I use just for break through pain like this. So I take what I need to, to try and keep from pacing and sobbing... and to find some sleep.

Stretching the ham strings and calf muscles is important with this flare... and yes, using the tennis balls into the knots and trigger points and especially the ilia's dimples has to be done, though it hurts me more. The pain won't subside and the muscles won't allow the bones to be put back into place until the knots are worked out some.

I'm at level 9++ right now... running on only 3 1/2 hours sleep since Saturday night

Believe in Him or not --- GOD LOVES YOU!

Want to share your Christian faith? Click HERE
(JD) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote