(JD)
Legendary Wise Elder

(JD) has no updates.

20 yr Member
1,651 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 23, 2006 at 10:38 PM

<font color="blue"> Ok I'm game. Here is a problem I've been actively working on, had it pulled together but when a pain flare hit, it all fell apart and I need to reorganize it:

Problem in 5 parts? <ul type="square">[*] 1. The behavior involved is that I'm not getting enough sleep.[*] 2. The emotions experienced are frustration at not being able to sleep, anger that I know how to do this and "should", and worsened depression from not enough sleep.[*] 3. The skills I may need? Work on better focus, more emphasis on the calming nature of meditation [*] 4. The mental processes involved include as stated in #1, but in overcoming this problem are clearing my mind through meditation and thought blocking of the day's clutter, countering the frustration since sleep problems are common with chronic pain patients and becoming upset only pushes the prospect of sleep farther away, and realizing that I only sleep 3-4 hours in a row at best anyway before the pain wakes me so worrying about not sleeping all night is catastrophizing. Realization that even if I don't sleep, I can still rest my body and prevent a fatigue flare.[*] 5. The unconscious forces that may contribute to my troubles are... hmm if they're unconscious how can I know them? sorry my bad... If I go to sleep I will just have to wake up sometime, and I don't want to do that. I really don't want to wake up in worse pain, and if I stay awake I can manage the pain. If I sleep wrong (in the wrong position) I can cause key bones to displace, thus resulting in more pain and more active physical therapy. I don't like being alone, and the quietness right before sleep makes me realize my aloneness. Pain. Depression.[/list]
How'd I do???
<center></center>

Believe in Him or not --- GOD LOVES YOU!

Want to share your Christian faith? Click HERE
(JD) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AngshusGirl