Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 22, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyoutrustme View Post
Its about a year since I started treatment for my post partum depression. I don't understand why it gets its own category. I think I was never happy, and being post partum pushed me over the edge.

My baby turned a year old and I have made a lot of changes for the better, and at this point I feel stuck. I feel like I'll never be better. I don't know if I WANT to be better. My psychiatrist is the nicest person I have ever met- I am afraid of getting better and losing him. Is that twisted? I feel like its holding me back from healing further.

I'm having a bit of a low lately. I am just in pain and wish I would just die. I have suicidal thoughts but no plans on carrying them out. Couldnt do that to my kids/family... afraid of screwing up and ending up alive with even more pain.

I can't imagine this ever ending...
why postpartum depression has its own board....I read somewhere in the community feedback board that Doc John makes a Subforum (separate forum board) when there is a suggestion from the members, then he watches that forum boards where that issue is located (in this case depression boards) if he sees that the main forum board is getting a lot of activity on the topic thats up for suggestion (in this case postpartum depression) he makes a Subforum (gives that topic/activity their own forum board..

Another way a problem gets their own forum board is through the members. members start their own social group. then after so many members have joined that social group it becomes a forum board at the bottom of the index page under social forums.

just wanted to post to let you know you are not alone in your postpartum depression. hope things have gotten better for you. whats helping me is my treatment providers made some changes to my anti depressants.
amandalouise is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote