View Single Post
Jungatheart
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2013
864 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 06, 2013 at 08:30 PM

Lizzie - focus your energies on whose feedback you want to take in. Please. Compassion for yourself is what is needed. As NicoleF stated, therapist abuse is more rampant and a unique type of abuse. Don't take in other abuse right now. Not worth your energy. You validate yourself. Criticism and judgment is not the way out. If anything, use those words to confront your own inner judge.

I was talking to a friend the other day and I was saying that I still held some personal blame for my therapist's exploitation. That I had pushed boundaries, that I was needy, that I ignored red flags. She said something that was so right on - that clients of therapists always push boundaries, always. She's a therapist so she knows. She said hands down, it is always the therapists responsibility to uphold ethics. She also said that I wanted those red flags - its so true. I had normal transference and he egged it on, and I liked it. To the point that he took over my life. It's hard not to feel ashamed about that - I used to consider myself an independent person and thinker. He was good and he got me. Surely a skilled manipulator.

Hang in there.
Jungatheart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LizzieVale

Thanks for this!
LizzieVale