View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 10, 2013 at 05:02 PM

NEVER PAY FOR HELP WITH THE FINDING HELP OR WITH HELP FILLING OUT THE APPLICATIONS

Any place that requires money for this is a SCAM....& if they tell you that they will help with the appeal process....that's a SCAM also...because the drug companies have a set $ amount that they will or WILL NOT qualify you by & there is no appeal process nor lawyer in the world that will get them to change that line they draw.

I will tell you if your income is to high to qualify...the only thing you can change then is the number in your household (especially if you are a single person).

Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance refuses to even look at medical necessity or financial hardship even though their letter of denial says they will.....they don't & there is NO WAY TO FORCE THEM TO DO IT.

Read this BBB notice regarding Bureau of Prescription Health DBT Free Medicine
BBB Alert: Bureau Of Prescription Health, Free Medicine Foundation Charge For 'Free' Services - BBB News Center It only talks about this scam, but warns you to look out for any other place that charges you for assistance with finding or filling out your patient assistance forms.

I can tell you from personal experience by what I am going through right now....there are many government agencies that do that same thing for NOTHING usually called something like (your state) Perscription Drug Assistance Program.....that is what they are set up to do.....also, Go directly to the drug company & they usually have the patient assistance program except for some generics like the Fentynal patches I'm on...only the name brand has a patient assistance program

ALSO.......BEWARE:
Medicare will not allow you to get into a part D drug coverage except during the open enrollment period which starts October 15 each year & runs through I think the end of the year but doesn't start covering until January 1. This is cast in concrete if your patient assistance program denies you & it's not a government program.....& they WILL NOT TAKE MEDICAL NECESSITY NOR FINANCIAL HARDSHIP INTO CONSIDERATION.

The whole thing is pretty screwed IMO after all the struggles & the doors that have been slammed in my face with a sweet smile saying..."gee, I'm sorry we can't help you"

The only solution at times is figuring out how to increase the number in your household without increasing the income level so high that you no longer qualify again.....if the other person has any income they will add it to your income level & it can possibly count against you when trying to appeal or qualify.

Best wishes after all the stress I have gone through these last 2 weeks....it definitely causes one's migraines to go out of control & probably my blood pressure also....not to say anything about my depression & anxiety.....however remember that paying a company to handle the aggravations for you doesn't help because in reality, they aren't able to do anything more than you can & then you add the aggravation of having been scammed & not being able to get your money back.....luckily I knew that before I got involved....but thought it important to warn everyone here.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018

Hugs from:
LostInTexas9!

Thanks for this!
Bark, LostInTexas9!, mccarrolmike