View Single Post
Harley47
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
411 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 01, 2013 at 11:02 PM

It's, I think, a dirty industry, and I share your concerns OP, but I don't think it's anything to be particularly ashamed of. It's a HUGE industry, and to be a HUGE industry, you have to have the consumer base to maintain it. You are quite far from being alone in it, and I don't think, especially if you're around my age (20), anyone would be particularly surprised nor judgmental about it.

Were I you (and saying that because I am almost the exact same predicament...lol I'm a 20 year old single male...lol do the math ), I'd tell you not to worry so much. And speaking pragmatically, if you're worried about the actors and actresses being degraded or in a position they themselves don't want to be in (which is my concern...I'm making a huge assumption in your rationale as to why it invokes shame, so bear with me there), there are plenty of other venues to relieve that particular type of stress without buying into the industry. Erotic stories, art ("art" being used in a looser sense), self posted videos...there are a few alternatives.

Hugs from:
Miss P