Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 02, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAxis View Post
Thank you.

If I was the kind to try an start a relationship online, I'd be using that info as we speak.
Thing is that I'm something of an introvert. That is, I'm more comfortable with letting a relationship happen with someone I know in the real world that I am with trying to make something happen online.

My current Therapy has helped me greatly in this regard. I'm to the point now where I'm not afraid of potential romances anymore. So if one comes my way, I think I've gotten the confidence and self-assurance I need to trust someone else to at least try to understand why it is that I just can't have sex be part of a relationship.
asexuality is rare. When you are somehow in need of a "niche" kind of partner (asexuality is a "niche", right?), then those online tools of connecting people who are somewhat unusual might be helpful. Otherwise, of course, a relationship that unfolds naturally beats an intentional attempt to strike a connection online. Also, if you seek friends (let us call them friends for now) using the site, there would be the common knowledge - implicitly - that you cannot have sex as part of a relationship. In the real world, you might have to explain it to a partner. The online communities deal with the explaining part.

Maybe rehearse with the T how you would try to explain to a prospective candidate for a R/S that you would not be sexually active as part of a R/S? You know - have the T sit opposite you and pretend he/she is your prospective friend.
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote