AppalachianAxis

Member Since Sep 2012
45 hugs
given
Default Aug 06, 2013 at 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spondiferous View Post
Haha.
Maybe I misread somewhere, and missed it...but Appalachian, do you not identify as being asexual? Instead of merely seeking an asexual partner I mean? Perhaps it's something that works for you. At any rate, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with this. I'm sorry any of us do. Sexuality seems to be one of the tried and true hot-button issues that nobody really talks about (for the most part) and is not allowed to express in a normal, healthy way. I believe all forms of sexuality are valid (providing they are consensual and do not cause harm to others) and that if we were actually given the space and support to explore what that is for us we'd be a lot better off as a society.
I wish you all the best in your journey.
No, I don't identify as being Asexual. An Asexual does not experience any sexual attraction at all. I do, I experience sexual urges and attraction but I hate that I do. And while being with someone who is Asexual would probably be a good match, I'm not going to hold myself to that.
I have made some good progress on this with my current therapist. I'm not really the kind of guy to go out and try to "force" a relationship, but I'm not going to sabotage or avoid potential engagements like I have all my life. I'm just going to have to be open and honest and trust that whoever may come along will understand.
Thank you for your help and your concern. You're right, even though today we live in a more sexually progressive society than we ever have, it's still a pretty awkward subject. It's nice to have a place like this to talk about it openly with accepting people.
AppalachianAxis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote