AppalachianAxis
AppalachianAxis has no updates.

10 yr Member
45 hugs
given
Default Aug 09, 2013 at 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusedinomicon View Post
Maybe you need to be emotionally invested in someone before you feel sexual attraction to them?
Thanks, but as I've posted above, the problem isn't any lack of sexual attraction on my part. I do experience sexual attraction, but I hate it and I wish it wasn't a part of my life.
And to feel sexual attraction for someone I care about emotionally just feels... wrong.
Ill. Repulsive. Bad. Flat-out immoral. Whatever you want to call it, it's just one of the worst thoughts that could enter my head and I would never act on that impulse in a million years because sex holds nothing good for me.

Thus, I want to either completely get rid of my sex drive, master it and never again act on it, or at the very least drastically reduce it. And now my therapist is talking about trying some antidepressant and OCD medication, which might help force my sex drive down a few notches (hopefully more). I'm just a little uneasy about taking medication for a condition I don't have strictly to gain the side-effect of a eviscerated libido. Also because of the other reasons stated in my previous post.

Any advice?
AppalachianAxis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote