splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 28, 2013 at 04:12 PM

Hi I'm splitimage.

That's the name I use in multiple on-line recovery forums, because when I started my recovery journey back in 2002 I presented outwardly the image of a very successful career woman. I was a finance director of a major corporation, have my MBA, and am a chartered accountant. That was during the day. At night I was drinking myself to death and cutting. Hence the split image

I struggled with addiction for a long time, with periods of sobriety and multiple relapses, but have now been sober since Mar. 4, 2012. I'm really proud of that.

I also struggle with major depression and have been hospitalized for that 3 times. I also have PTSD.

I've been a member here since 2006, and came here on the recommendation from someone at another self injury recovery site. I love the wealth of information and caring that is here.

Between the bad economy and MH and addiction issues I haven't worked full time since 2010. So fall 2012 I decided to go back to school and retrain as a forensic accountant which is a growth area. I did very well.

But in January 2013, I had a major crash and landed back in hospital. Since then I've decided not to look for work full time, and instead focus 100% on my recovery. I'm doing a lot of therapy which is exhausting but I feel like I'm finally making progress. I'm supporting myself with my retirement savings and a part time job testing software. I plan to go back to school in January 2014.

Feel free to pm me any time.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

Hugs from:
deewock60, ethanbridges, FooZe, Fuzzybear, GardenLady59, happysobercrafter, Lexi232, Lilly2, LiteraryLark, MickeyCheeky, MuseumGhost, notz, nushi, pachyderm, Pikku Myy, shezbut, Stressed34, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Christina86, darkpurplesecrets, ethanbridges, FooZe, Fuzzybear, GardenLady59, happysobercrafter, John25, LadyShadow, Lexi232, Lilly2, LiteraryLark, MickeyCheeky, MuseumGhost, notz, optimize990h, pegasus, reneesparkle, sabby, seeker1950, shezbut, Stressed34, Wren_