Revu2 tweak

10 yr Member
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 23, 2013 at 08:02 PM

Coach: Okay, let's come back together.

[the others gather on the call]

C: The break was helpful. I find that we might add something, take something away, or change something, or all three. The easiest this time is adding something, I guess. Icarus, if you have a companion flying with you would you be so enthralled by the draw of the sun.

I: Likely not. I wouldn't want the responsibility of something bad happening to the other person.

C: And Frurtle, how much would it help to have some help?

F: Wonderfully. I could make much more progress without so many errors. I'm never fond of details.

I: Really? I always thought of you as the goto detail personality.

F: Not really, I don't see the point. If I write "throw the clothes over their"—spelled t-h-e-i-r—what difference should it make? The reader knows what I meant.

C: Let's think Big and mythological.

Revu2: I once ran workshops on personal mythologies. So let me think ... what about Daedalus, Icarus' father?

F: Let's think up a list and then discuss it.

I: Like a brainstorm. I love brainstorms. Whose that goddess that is turned into a spider?

R: Arachne, a mortal. She gets killed then resurrected as a spider by Athena.

F: Shh, remember no criticisms! Mercury! He flies like Icarus but never crashes.

I: Hold on a sec.

C: And not many know her but Caissa is the goddess for chess. Kasparov would say with a winning move "Caissa was with me today."

R: I think we have plenty. Let's keep them all.

C: It's getting crowded.

F: I know, let's finally let Icarus die.

I: What? NO!

F: Yes, let's let Hercules bury you on Icarus Island and we all attend the ceremony. It's just imagination-acting. You're not real, you know.

I: Neither are you! But this would spell the end to mania. Rev, tell them how much fun mania is. They don't get it.

R: Since you asked, it's great fun. The greatest! But I can't recover as fast like I used to after the crash, sometimes because the damage is so severe when you crash.

F: And I can't always get the pieces put back together.

C: Oh, geez, that's our time. I have my next appointment to get ready for. See everyone next time. Really hate to cut this off.

I: But, but ....

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote