View Single Post
RStewart

Member Since Mar 2006
1 hugs
given
Default Oct 23, 2013 at 02:02 PM

11 years married I am 62 and unhappy with my husband. I feel I have made too many concessions in this marriage. Where we live, my job, sex, activities, friends my husband is very messy his office/ garage look like disaster zones and are unsafe to enter without tripping over something. I am the opposite ok I respect his space and stay out but resent that he asks me when he can't find something and. Have to enter the mess to try and find things. Th man can't close a door on anything oh and he forgets anything and everything unless it has to do with his kids, friends, plane. He forgot me once for 3 hrs and I had to wait finally I asked a fellow volunteer for a ride home. He didn't think it was a big deal and didn't understand why I felt hurt. I am expected to always understand because I don't forget and he can't help forgetting things. we are hopefully selling our home in a few months. I want to relocate closer to my family. I have lived here because he wanted to be clos to his adult children who have no contact with him now for about 5-6 yrs. they have had stormy relationship since their teen years. I have always stayed out of their arguments. Husband states he wants to move but has specifically stated he wants to live in an airport community preferably on/near water. I don't need either, problems
with those things are too expensive, and isolated, I need to have people around. I would like to be able to walk in a neighborhood or small city. Not sure if we can find something to please us both, we are both stubborn and I personally feel that for 11 years I have lived his way and it would be nice if he could give a little this time.
RStewart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote