View Single Post
Chloepatra

Member Since Dec 2013
126 hugs
given
Default Dec 19, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I had to accept and set some personal boundaries with someone new, but I feel poorly because I didn't know at first that I needed the boundaries I ended up setting. I am learning...and need to let myself just be human in this way...

I am left feeling very aware of the part of me who wants to be there 'in kind' for anyone who shows ANY concern for me in any way...but, I am also left feeling grateful for the part of me who knows I did the right thing in setting the boundaries, because I needed to... to feel real.

I know I have to feel these mixed feelings to be a able to let go of the unrealistic picture of myself as someone who 'should not need' the boundaries I realized I had to set, because we all need boundaries... and sometimes it just takes time with someone new, or a new situation, to figure out healthy boundaries.

Thanks for listening...if anyone else here has trouble setting boundaries, or tends to beat up on their self when needing to do so, I would love to hear from you.

Going to concentrate on just accepting that I set the boundaries in a loving way, amd then keep moving forward...
Chloepatra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
30ish, Clio19, JadeAmethyst, unaluna

Thanks for this!
healingme4me, unaluna