View Single Post
Chloepatra
Chloepatra has no updates.

10 yr Member
126 hugs
given
Default Dec 19, 2013 at 03:54 PM

Hi Clara,
Examples in my life are: Not taking on a favor for someone before I have truly considered whether or not I want to, can do 'it' without it being a burden...allowing myself to consider the implications of agreeing. Another example was in my last job...I worked with a developmentally disabled adult and the mom kept asking me to teach her far too many things...I was unable to simply say, "I will need to do this one thing at a time, or these may not be possible." Also, with this same family, the father was difficult in many ways...I HAD the ability to ask my supervisor to talk with him about some things, or for me to 'simply' talk with him...but, I was not able to then. I just felt a lack of power over my environment, but looking back, I could have asserted myself.

As I learn more about my own needs and how to meet them FIRST, I am trying to be more careful in not just being a "yes person.".
Did those examples help?

Actually, your asking me for examples has made me see that being assertive versus passive is probably mixed into this for me, and maybe others, too.
Thanks for asking for clarification.
~ Chloe
Chloepatra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Punto Bobo

Thanks for this!
JadeAmethyst, Punto Bobo