View Single Post
darkeyes
Elder

Member Since May 2001
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 12, 2004 at 12:48 AM

Sorry you feel this way, but there are others that have also benefitted from reading this, learning from it and also recognizing the fact you should seek professional help when one is experienceing such depression. If a book is that triggering you claim it caused you to attempt suicide I think rather then reading the book as you claim you have been depressed and having suicidal idealities it is best then you call a hotline, and please consider going for professional psychiatric care. I never claimed the books I listed to be cures, and if someone picks it up and reads the Preface and reviews on the covers, one should have enough info at that point if they want to continue to read it. I am sorry it wasn't for you, but again I do not make any claims that the books are cures, and may not be so consoling to some as others.
We all have choices to what we read or watch, I just wanted to share them with others.
I find many posts at the various forums here very triggering, but it is of our choice to read them or pass them, it is also our choice to get professional help or not, naturally I would encourage you or anyone feeling so badly to seek professional help as soon as possible.
Please take care, and if you have any books that you would like to add here, please do, it always is nice when people can share what they have read. . . it can help.
Never give up faith, I wish you well

DE

In giving advice seek to help, not please your friend
SOLON

Thanks for this!
RainyDay107