View Single Post
FaithlessCat

Member Since Oct 2013
5 hugs
given
Default Jan 12, 2014 at 07:49 PM

My PDoc referred to it as Musical Hallucinosis but I actually think that is the same as Musical Ear which is I believe a form of tinnitus where you hear music externally.

What I have is a song or another playing in my head over and over, it changes depending on outside influences ... for example I could have ( as I do now ) the theme tune to a bond movie going through my head. Now I don't really know the tune so it's only the bits that I do played over and over again on repeat, and I could be reading something and see the words "All I want for christmas " and instantly it changes to all I want for christmas is my two front teeth or all i want for christmas is you. Now in the case of the bond movie I can hear it as its played, so its the actually singer and the orchestra its not my voice. where as I dont really know the song all I want for christmas so that will play in what I think is my 'inside' voice. ... does any of this make sense ??

I have No control over what is playing, it changes depending on what I see or hear. and it isnt limited to songs.

If I see a bunch of blackbirds that usually invokes the nursery rhyme " four and twenty blackbirds " over and over. Or failing that it can be a conversation I just had with someone.

I have noticed if I am walking anywhere on my own its at its worst and if I met someone on a street and have a conversation, the whole way home that conversation will play over and over again in my head.

It is utterly and totally exhausting

600mg Tegretol
Tapering off Venlafaxine
FaithlessCat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BubonicPlague

Thanks for this!
BubonicPlague