View Single Post

Default Feb 19, 2007 at 11:55 PM

a year is a long time (in my book). i'm more like raynaadi, i think. for me the time is something like... 3 months. hrm.

one thing it can be about... is what is known as the 'honeymoon period'. where things can be sex sex sex and then more sex... and that can be great for a time (for people who like sex) but eventually... that doesn't happen so much anymore... because it simply can't be sustained in the face of all the boring mundane things like work and kids and football and friends etc etc etc.

another thing that it can be about is intimacy. i have problems with intimacy. i can really like someone as a friend (and not feel particularly sexually attracted to them) or i can feel really very sexually attracted to them (and not like them very much as a friend or simply not know them very well at all) but... never the twain shall meet...

i hope that gets better with therapy.

therapy might be able to help with that raynaadi. sounds like issues to do with intimacy to me. when people feel too close... then something inside you goes 'click' and you don't feel anything (as a self protective strategy). at least... that is my take on what is going on (but i might be projecting my %#@&#! onto you).

but sometimes things just seem to run down with time...

um... is it that you still do it but it has become mechanical? or is it that you aren't doing it as much as you would like? with respect to the first there are things you can do (like your taking control of the pacing etc) so you can make him work a little instead of just going through the fairly mechanical routine. if you aren't feeling so fired up anymore either... then massage or romantic dinners etc can help. delay tactics basically... so you both want it but you both have to wait. and then to make sure that it isn't mechanical. maybe... what do i know about intimacy lol.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote