View Single Post
Raynaadi
Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2007 at 11:36 AM

I was spanked as a child, maybe 3 times. I knew that mom spanked me, I had really done something wrong. She never spanked hard, just enough to let me know that what I did was wrong. I specifically remember the last time she spanked me, I was 7 and I called my friend "stupid". She pulled me in her room and spanked me and said "we never call people stupid". And you know what? Now I'm 28 and I don't call my friends stupid. Its stuck.

I've heard a lot about the spanking debate, and I feel so bad for parents. No wonder there's so many unruly children in the stores anymore. Since people are saying spanking is abuse, parents don't have many options to get their points across to their young children. I don't see the harm, but thtat's my opinion. A light wack on the bottom seems to really get a point across.

I don't know about spanking being a form of sexual abuse, I really think that's quite a reach. But then again, I'm not a child psychologist and have chosen not to have kids. I just wanted to chime in because I was spanked as a child and I turned out ok. =)

~Rayna

(edited to add trigger icon)