View Single Post
IDoNotExist

Member Since Feb 2014
19 hugs
given
Default Feb 09, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Do you mean temporary? I'd try night stock. If you mean career? Computer programming no doubt. I feel that career is made for people with Social Phobias. Yes, it does require meetings, but it's mainly you and a machine. I love it myself.

Not to mention you'd start off with one of the top 5 baccalaureate salaries. And it's not going anywhere. Computers are taking people's jobs, so why not work with them instead of against? ha.

It's also something you can practice at home, for free, unlike the other engineering disciples. You can sit in a dark room, load up C++, and just write code. If you have access to a computer, any computer really, you can program.

With everything else, like electrical engineering, you need a lot of tools and cannot teach a lot of it to yourself because the instruments are not at your disposal.

Before I left grad school, I'd find dark spots to code my projects while I streamed music. Just me and the screen. No facial expressions to misinterpret. And at the end of the day, if your code works, you "know you will be liked"--huge positive for an AvPD

I'd rank software engineering as the most suited AvPD career.
IDoNotExist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote