View Single Post
Peanuts

Member Since Dec 2003
Default Feb 24, 2007 at 03:20 PM

It seems to me that it is not helpful to spank children on the bare bottom at all. I totally think that is very humiliating to the child. I've read before where children have been given enemas and that just seems appauling. I can't imagine why an adult would do that ?? The spanking .. it seems adults resort to that out of desperation to gain control of the child .. but enemas ??

I have spanked my children when they were toddlers as instructed by my parents and grandparents - but I felt terrible each time. My husband and I decided that there were better ways of controlling a toddler besides hitting them and we stopped. The grandparents were sure that our children were going to grow up as ruined kids without spanking .. but I can say that they are fine youngsters. It took more effort on our part to teach without hitting - but it was certainly the right path for us.

My cousin takes pride in the fact that all he has to do is take off his belt and his kids run and set the table and then report to the kitchen to help ... I certainly am not impressed. In fact, I feel somewhat sick to my stomach. And I can guarentee you that my children are NEVER under the care of my cousin because I don't want my boys treated like that. I don't care if I have to miss an important event because of no baby sitters .. they aren't going over there.

I was spanked when I was a kid and while I remember some of the instances where I was spanked ... I cannot tell you what it was that I did to get the spanking. All I remember was that I was spanked.

I just think there are better methods than hitting.

(edited to add trigger icon)
Peanuts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote