Maven
Pirate Goddess

Maven has no updates.

15 yr Member
513 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 25, 2007 at 05:18 AM

I used to see a lot of movies and such that implied being spanked as a child could lead one into enjoying it sexually as an adult. Now, this isn't true of all people who are spanked, but it could be that way for some people.

This is only a theory, but I think, if it becomes sexual for an adult, perhaps the spankings were done, as some of you have said, to embarrass and humiliate the child. There are many fetishes that involve being humiliated and exposed, and perhaps, in some cases, it comes from these experiences as a child. Some people, for some reason, turn towards a bad experience and it somehow becomes pleasurable, at least in certain circumstances, while others move to the opposite, even to the extreme, to avoid such things. For those who become turned on by being humiliated, perhaps it's because they feel they deserve it. As we know, many times, when children are abused, they go through life abusing themselves and/or putting themselves in situations where they are hurt emotionally and/or physically, because they think they deserve it.

To put it mildly, I think human sexuality is very complicated, and what affects one person one way affects another completely different.

But on spanking, I used to be of the mind, when you see "out of control" kids whose parents didn't spank them, those kids needed a spanking. But I think there are techniques that don't involve hitting or pain in any way that can be better. I think many adults have been scarred by spanking and other painful methods of punishment. Some may not realize it. And I think some kids handle it well, while others may be shy or have low self-esteem, in part because they were spanked. I'm just saying, I'm open to alternatives.

That said, when a kid is being a brat around me, sometimes I want to smack them. But hey, I was spanked, so maybe that's why I have such a violent thought.

(edited to add trigger icon)

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted, I wish I had some ice cream.

Equal Rights Are Not Special Rights

Maven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote