View Single Post
Preslee.Denton

Preslee.Denton has no updates.

10 yr Member
Exclamation Mar 06, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Thank you for creating this forum. I know that it is a touchy subject that people don't like to talk about and not many people understand.
My family doesn't get it. They don't understand why I do what I do. So, it's hard for me to talk to them when I want to engage. I try my best not to.
In a lot of ways, I think that it's not exactly something to be ashamed of. People need a way to cope, and that's what we do. We cope in the ways that we know how. Does that make it right? No. But we do what we need to so that we can get through whatever crisis we are in.
I have been a self harmer since I was 15. My first time wasn't an accident, and I got addicted to it. Now, I do it in beautiful ways: Tattoos, and piercings. My family doesn't understand that this is my way of coping. But I need the pain. I'm trying really hard to rewire my brain as to not think of engaging as a proper coping mechanism, but it's hard.
I have been "sober" for two months now. I engaged when I was at my mom's because I was mad. Everyone was mad at me, I was mad at me. So I engaged and I hid it for a while. Now I'm trying to make sure that I don't do it again. The urge is hard. But, I'm trying to fight it.
That's my peace. Thanks for adding the forum.

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken, BuggaBoo

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken