View Single Post
Quebec01

Member Since Jun 2013
22 hugs
given
Default May 04, 2014 at 09:16 PM

Tonight, I have just subscribed to an interactive online site. I had to answer questions to establish my profile as a smoker, my degree of motivation, my strategy and ways I would put in action (When craving) to go through this whole process of becoming "sober". I was very impressed by the tutorial and all the information I read.
This site is: iQuitnow

Even though there is a forum, chat and help line, I will also attend this forum for extra help and support... I need to be covered with an all-around shield. I really do! I have a tendency to get very depressed every time I am deprived from this drug. Yes, I've tried before... I will need the extra help...
I live alone with my two cats, and I don't see many people.

I did start a fitness program at the beginning of February and am working towards becoming 100% vegetarian (I'm 95%). It has done me a lot of good so far. Being smoke-free would just make even more sense. I'm working so hard towards a healthier lifestyle...

By experience, patches (I wanted to smoke even more and that's all I would think about) and gum, were not effective in my case. My addiction is more psychological than physical. My motivations for becoming cigarette-free are: Money (My main issue), bad smell (clothes, hair and breath), clean air (my apartment), to eliminate toxins from my body and to breath even better. Yes, I know this is not the usual (Stop coughing, etc). I feel healthy already... My cardio is really good, but that means it could be even better... Imagine!

Thanks to Psych Central for being there. I really enjoy the forums for many other issues.
Quebec01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote