View Single Post
Juliana
Grand Member

Member Since Mar 2007
Default Apr 03, 2007 at 09:51 PM

That is such an interesting question, biiv. It is actually something I have been through recently. I met a guy who I didn't find physically attractive in any way. In fact, I found him unattractive. I felt ZERO chemistry with him. Our personalities clicked, though, and we started to spend a lot of time together. I sensed that he was interested in me and I decided to try to open my mind to the possibility of LEARNING to find him attractive... because I have a history of going for chemistry first, and ending up in emotionally unhealthy relationships. I decided to go for substance over superficial attraction this time round. Over a period of 6 months, I actually succeeded in CONVINCING myself to find him physically attractive. I didn't think it was possible, but because who he seemed to be inside was appealing to me, I developed a strong physical attraction to him.

P.S. There's a very odd addendum to this story that's much more complicated, but I won't go into that here.