Wise Elder

Member Since Jan 2006
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 04, 2007 at 02:08 AM

</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
biiv said:
i actually find the mechanics of attraction absolutely fascinating. i wonder where it really comes from

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">

When you asked where does it come from it got me thinking back to a familiar TV show - Home Improvement w/ Tim Allen..... and his neighbor Mr. Wilson.
This particular show was about Tim being attracted to a business woman that came on his show and how Tim started to act while around her (flirty).

Well, Jill (his wife) noticed this and was hurt by Tim's reactions when he was around this woman and she said something to Tim about it and as usual Tim went to the fence to talk to his well educated and knowledgeable neighbor about the matter and this is what Mr Wilson said (more or less).

... That while Tim loves his wife and would never cheat on her - he was physically drawn to this woman due to their hormones being noticed (smelt) with in the nose - a biological force that usually cannot be denied when it goes into action, hence the natural sexual pulling of Tim to Her (and) that Tim was visually drawn to her for she represented the form of fertility in his mind eyes, that which a man subconsciously seeks in a female.

Basically I mentioned this show for it shows how we can often be physically drawn to another person even when we are not wanting it - so to me attraction is created with in us and then it is sculpted and molded by our society (good and bad).

WOW!! - - - - - TV can be entertaining and educational all at the same time.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote