View Single Post
dantheone

Member Since Jun 2014
Default Jun 22, 2014 at 06:45 PM

I am sorry to hear that you need to deal with this. It is very painful and up to now, we did not find a professional that could really give a good direction about a treatment for her personality disorders. As Justforher just described, I can see my sister with the same problems. My sister is 37 years old, after becoming a mother, she slowed down that behaviour of showing off, get attention at any cost. However, reading about personality disorder, I found out that she has more than one: she can fit in the Paranoid personality disorder, Antisocial personality disorder, Histrionic personality disorder,Dependent personality disorder. As I am not a professional in psychology, I would like to know if someone can suggest a therapy or professional that works with personality disorder. As she is not aware that she is wrong, we need to take her to treatment. What I understood up to now is that not all professionals in the psychology or psychiatry are aware of personality disorder and its treatment and this unawareness make me very frustrated. She went for a therapy and the therapist already ended the therapy saying that there was not much to do after a year therapy. But my sister still lies, spends money out of control, compromising with things she cannot stand for...anyway, if someone knows how to treat a person with multiple personality disorder, let me know here.
dantheone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote