pegasus is here.

15 yr Member
4,001 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 28, 2014 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis_777 View Post
I am new to the site and I am not sure if this is the right forum/thread. I have recently started marriage counseling with my husband. Our therapist is male. I believe I am having erotic transferrence issues and I believe it's best to terminate the therapy relationship and look for another. I am considering terminating via email. I have read that the proper thing to do is let my therapist know. However, I do not trust myself to do so in person. Also, on the phone I feel I may bumble out my thoughts about him. Any advice on how to terminate?
Hello Alexis, welcome to Psych Central. You can send an email or write a letter. Maybe you could let the office manager know instead if there is one. I think in this instance that you are right to terminate as it is couples counseling and you don't need that sort of transference as an added issue. Good luck!

Pegasus

Got a quick question related to mental health or a treatment? Ask it here General Q&A Forum

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein