Member Since Jan 2006
4,001 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2014 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdove View Post
HELP. Need Info...

At this exact time I do not have T or pdoc. Am moving completely out of the area in 2 weeks (big part of current condition). Stupid to start with one here.

Have talked to crisis hotline. Agreed that if I am still in danger I should go to hospital.

I am giving it a great deal of thought since I am not better. And yes I have all 3 components in place.

Question: What actually happens in the hospital? ?

I have this image that they will give meds to make me sleep for 3 days or make me a zombie.

Geeezzz I am afraid to go and afraid not to

Can I get some ideas of what should happen. PLEASE and thank you in advance.
Hello Shadowdove, sorry nearly missed your post! No, they will not just drug you up and turn you into a zombie. They will do a proper evaluation, possibly adjust your medication and offer some counseling. If you volunteer to go in, usually you are free to leave when you wish. If you feel you need to go in and feel unsafe, please go in.

Pegasus

Got a quick question related to mental health or a treatment? Ask it here General Q&A Forum

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein

Thanks for this!
Shadowdove