View Single Post
hope2010

hope2010 has no updates.

10 yr Member
1,103 hugs
given
Default Jul 06, 2014 at 05:33 PM

Thank you for all the links some of them will help me as much that will help to be part of this Forum.
I have been in a DBT group last year, helps very much learning how to cope with my emotions. Due to a physical illness I only attended for a month. Now I can learn new skills here that hopefully will help me with my anxiety and panic attacks.

Quote:
DBT is a form of psychotherapy that was originally developed by Marsha M. Linehan, a psychology researcher at the University of Washington, to treat people with borderline personality disorder (BPD) and chronically suicidal individuals. Although, research on its effectiveness in treating other conditions has been extremely limited, DBT is now used in a variety of psychological treatments including treatment for traumatic brain injuries (TBI), eating disorders, and mood disorders. Scant research indicates that DBT might have some effect on patients who present varied symptoms and behaviors associated with spectrum mood disorders, including self-injury. Recent work also suggests its effectiveness with sexual abuse survivors and chemical dependency.

DBT combines standard cognitive-behavioral techniques for emotion regulation and reality-testing with concepts of distress tolerance, acceptance, and mindful awareness largely derived from Buddhist meditative practice.
I have to say that the Group I was part of should have people with the same issues. Like anxiety and panic attacks in one DBT Group and so on .... But, the therapist knows better I guess.

Thanks again, Hugs
hope2010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
nushi