View Single Post
NowhereUSA
Magnate

NowhereUSA has no updates.

8 yr Member
Default Jul 17, 2014 at 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseymoff View Post
I had terrible post partum depression (untreated, told it was the baby blues and to get over it), lifted gradually (took about a year). I have never gotten over my failure to deliver, had emergency section (unnecessary), and have always felt like a failure and ashamed. Every time someone talks about their normal delivery I go home and cry, never tell anyone. Couldn't even deliver my own child...
:: hugs ::

i think it's normal to be disappointed when labor doesn't go as planned, but i want to tell you that you didn't fail. i know it *feels* like it, but i hope you're talking to someone to help you work through those feelings because you have nothing for which to be ashamed.

you did good. however it turned out, you did good. you did deliver your child. you carried them and you loved them and you nourished them for the whole time they were inside you. and then when it was time, you did the best you could in the moment to make sure that your baby came into this world.

good job mama. good job. i hope one day you can tell your story. it deserves to be told.
NowhereUSA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
IrisBloom

Thanks for this!
Caseymoff