View Single Post
lil_bit

Member Since Feb 2007
Default Apr 14, 2007 at 08:42 AM

Hmm i wasn't aware that it was a gneralized thing to replace real food with sugar...but now that i've read that it makes a lot of sense! I do that a lot, i'll not eat anything for a couple days...except maybe a bowl of ice cream or something..eeek.

I've also noticed that i'll eat something very plain (few calories etc) and then smother it with salt or something to give it flavor. The salt is terrible for health but the need to avoid calories becomes higher priority.

It's hard to imagine that we are killing ourselves with each day that we let this disorder control our lives. It's almost like the ED is what we live for so we feel as though we are living "just fine".

Does anybody else convince themselves that a food tastes good when really it doesn't? Like, a friend of mine (who is anorexic also) told me that she ate lettuce(few calories) with mustard (no calories). It would have sounded terrible when i was healthy but i've been eating it lately! (which ties into above also because mustard is high in sodium and thus a bad choice for health).