View Single Post
spal

Member Since Apr 2007
Default Apr 24, 2007 at 01:09 PM

Hi, just wanted to get some insight into this. I have been working at a high-stress project for a few months. The project ended well, everyone was happy, it was a tremendous success with kudos going to me for doing such a good job. Here's the thing: right after I fell into a week-long depression. I couldn't function, I couldn't leave the apartment, I couldn't shop for food, bathe. Just kept watching tons of TV. It was only after missing a friend's social function that I finally snapped out of it. I felt terrible about letting my friend down. I didn't have the energy to look in my agenda to find the day and time. The stupid thing was that I would have loved to have been around people.

Has anyone else experienced this? I got from being in a work environment that has tons of people and is extremely stimulating to time off when I am totally alone. It's a bit hard to take. Even after successful contracts, I fall into this no matter how well prepared I am. I am also taking Chlonozepam PMS for my PMS and anxiety -- anyone know anything about this drug? I only take it when I need it and have been halving and quartering pills and once I started taking it again in the middle of this weeklong hell it did seem to relieve my mood.

Am I weird? Why am I depressed when I should be happy? Why is it that when I meet people outside of my intense work environment I have a hard time relating to them? I get instantly shy because we are not involved in work anymore and don't know what to say?

Any insight into this would be appreciated.
spal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote