Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 07, 2014 at 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrey View Post
I saw the therapist today. He has done the four sessions of information gathering which were to start the interpersonal therapy I was down to have (though there was also some question at the beginning as to whether it should be this or more personalised CBT).

So, now that he has all the information (or at least as much as I could cope with saying so far) he has said he thinks I'd be better off having EMDR at the moment and is referring me for this. I can go back later and have IPT if I feel the need.

This all fits in with my own thinking - before I saw him I had a working theory that I had something akin to PTSD, or more likely complex PTSD, as the trauma stuff is all from long ago, just triggered recently. Now the therapist referred to treatment for trauma but didn't use the term PTSD, which has confused me a bit. I think I'll have a while to wait before I see the new therapist so I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether this means PTSD/CPTSD or not?

Thanks for any help.

Bluegrey
I dont know about in the UK (what you have marked for your location) but here in the USA sometimes it does mean that other times it doesnt. only your treatment providers can say what they mean /what your diagnosis really is and what it means, why they are referring you and other therapy based questions relating to you.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bluegrey