View Single Post
purplepearl

Member Since Oct 2014
7 hugs
given
Default Oct 14, 2014 at 02:08 PM

I submitted a newby post in the introductions forum, but I thought I'd build off of that here as well.

I express concern over my mental state frequently to my husband, usually by way of text message. He is very good about reassuring me that I'm not crazy, or that my concerns are not unwarranted. However, sometimes when I mention my concerns to other friends or family members, they suggest I talk to a therapist.

[insert mild panic attack here]

Anyone else have a feeling of dread when therapy is suggested? I really don't trust people I don't know, and have a very hard time opening up to anyone in person. (Internet discussions are much easier, and I think it's the feeling of anonymity and less potential of it somehow coming back to "haunt" me.)

I have tried seeing a therapist twice in my life on my own, and both times it made my anxiety skyrocket and the worry kicked into overdrive. Husband and I attend marriage counseling on occasion (we were not communicating very well in beginning of marriage) but now it's really more to keep things in check, to make sure we're on track. The marriage counseling is less anxiety-inducing now, because I am used to talking to her and I'm not going alone.

Just seeing if anyone else ever feels this distrusting of therapists?
purplepearl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
kaliope