View Single Post
vital
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Oct 18, 2014 at 08:22 PM

Hi StbGuy,

You seem really healthy, empowered and in touch with your inner self. I was just watching an X-men movie today which fits in perfectly with your logo and "special powers".

I think that the process of becoming depressed is a subconscious and involuntary withdrawal of participation ones own inner self. I think it can happen gradually over years or it may happen relatively suddenly, perhaps, as in PTSD or with those poor dogs in the "learned helplessness" experiments in the 1960s. I don't think it's usually directly a case of bad decisions causing you to subconsciously stop making decisions. I think it's more usually bad feelings over a long period of time which cause you to subconsciously withdraw participation in your own life without even realizing that you have done so. You sort of internally give up without ever deciding anything like that and without realizing that it has happened.

I think you have to try Snap Club to really get it. The effects on me were just profound - not only in thoughts and feelings but my senses are even sharpened. It is the most amazing relief. It's like putting down a huge burden that you didn't realize you have been carrying for most of your life.

As you get more empowered yourself, I think you'll find yourself much less affected by toxic people and much better at being with your dear old dad too.

Thanks for this!
cryingontheinside