eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

eskielover has no updates.

15 yr Member
14.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 07, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Yes, living alone for the past 7 years...I don't have my H who would want to eat at a certain time...I just let fixing food slide....sometimes for several days.....as I tend to loose time when I get involved with projects around my farm....& I forget that it was the previous day that I ate.....but the cold snowy weather is making me more hungry so I tend to make just something small to eat & sit at my computer while I eat.....that way I don't feel so alone as I'm posting or connecting with other people that way.

Honestly for me....living & eating alone is so much better than the bad marriage I was in for 33 years......don't have a problem with the alone part of life & my dogs keep me wonderful company......Leo will even eat my food if I'm not guarding it.....that makes me more frustrated than anything because when I finally to prepare something to eat.....I don't want to have to prepare something else.

You know some people just aren't alone people....I was an only child growing up.....I didn't need to have people around me & I still don't even though I do enjoy the friends I have.

My problem is that my kitchen gets messed up because I'm busy doing other things....NOT DISHES....& then I end up with no room to do any cooking......so I end up not wanting to make anything to add to the already large mess.......all my excuses for NOT eating.

However....living alone & wanting to be alone.....I know that I can't allow myself to get so hungry that I can no longer take care of myself (which has happened to me several times in the past)......I don't want to pass out living alone because I haven't been eating like would happen before when I was living in my marriage......it wasn't that I wanted to be taken care of but there were so many stressful triggers that caused me NOT TO EAT....& the bad marriage on top of trauma were major triggers to feel sick & not want to eat.....probably control issues more than anything.

It's nice to have someone who does hold us accountable....but it's much better when we are the one that holds ourselves accountable.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018