View Single Post
ItGoesOn

Member Since Mar 2014
8 hugs
given
Default Dec 09, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Hey guys so I haven't written in awhile but honestly its because I haven't needed to because I have been so busy enjoying life!! Last year was awful after struggling with depression and anxiety for almost a whole year I made it out on the other side! It wasn't easy and I will be the first person to tell you that but in the end it is soooo worth it! And if you read any of my old entries you'll know that I was going through a terrible terrible time. I contemplated suicide AT LEAST once a week, I suffered from panic attacks AT LEAST once a day and my overall quality of life was extremely low. Of course it didn't help that taking antidepressants and anti anxiety medicine just made me feel worse, but it was helpful to learn that I had a family history of these issues so with some of my dads personal experience I got through it. I don't know if this will help anyone but I currently take vitamins to balance out my emotions and they have helped soooo much. I take vitamin B complex everyday, 2 fish oils, and this vitamin called SAM-e that I would highly recommend, it's a naturally occurring chemical in the brain and it helps with stabilizing moods and often times people with depression lack this vitamin in the brain and they don't even know it. I like these methods because they are natural and I am much more interested in fixing problems naturally than I am chemically but thats just me so hey whatever works works! But I wanted to say that with help from family, friends, vitamins, and as much as I was resistant ~therapy~. I just wanted to say if I can do it you can too and I learned a lot of powerful methods last year like writing my feelings down in a journal and keeping a notebook of motivational quotes with me or write random ones on all my stuff and I know that doesn't help for everyone but it actually did a lot for me! If you ever need help and don't know who to talk to please do not hesitate to contact me I want to help people be where I am now and I know what you're going through so as members of the mental health community we need to lean on each other and work with each other. Well I wish you all the bed and seriously don't hesitate to contact me. ever. And as I said when I was going through my struggles and my hard journey and I can say with TRUTH now "If there's one thing I've learned about life it's this.. It. Goes. On!
ItGoesOn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bluekoi, Fuzzybear, Mopey, vital, yogamarley

Thanks for this!
angelene, bluekoi, FallingTears, jelly-bean, Lizi18, Mopey, vital, zapatoes