View Single Post
wookiegoldfur

Member Since Jul 2014
Default Jan 15, 2015 at 06:29 PM

Thank you for all your responses! It's really interesting to read other people's perspective.

@tealBumblebee: I dont have enough posts to be allowed to post links. If you search in the bar on PC it will come up titled as "take the childhood emotional neglect test"

@Honeybeez: I tend to become easily overwhelmed by my emotions. I sometimes have a difficult time sorting out which of my feelings are appropriate responses to things as well. For example, watching an emotional movie and falling into a mini depression or not trying to take something like a friend not letting me know they wont be at school as a personal attack. Depending on the situation, like sharing a class together and them being my only friend in the class, I may feel abandoned and I'll begin to think they actually hate me, which is rather irrational thinking.

I haven't been diagnosed with any type of disorder (mostly because of my fear of talking to someone and my denial). But when I was younger I developed an impulse control disorder (self-diagnosed) called trichotillomania. I struggled with that for at least a year and it took me another year to gain almost 100% control over the urges. It was something I kept hidden and to this day I still haven't told anyone about it. I'm unsure if the disorder was a result of feeling neglected or not...But I don't have to worry about pulling out all of my hair anymore (I hope...)!

I had no idea CEN was a thing until very recently so it's kind of comforting to know there is a reason behind some feelings.
wookiegoldfur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous200200, IrisBloom, newday2020, tealBumblebee

Thanks for this!
newday2020, tealBumblebee