Poohbah
Community Liaison

Tsukiko hopes the worst of it is over.

8 yr Member
582 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2015 at 05:00 PM

This is exactly what I came here to find out. Thank you muchly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelyn View Post
You could meet the criteria for both.

Both Borderlines and Dependents have a fear of abandonment. Dependents aren't known for rages, as Borderlines are, and they tend to be compliant and submissive. They are known for not making their own decisions, while Borderlines tend to make their own decisions--fast and furious.

The best book I've read on Personality Disorders is Theodore Millon's Personality Disorders in Modern Life. There is some info on his website: millon dot net (site won't let me post link; I'm new here). The Official Website for Theodore Millon, Ph.D., D.Sc.[/url] The book is about $200 new (I think WELL worth it), but you can find a used copy or check it out from your local library. He has a lot of information on each personality disorder, as well as case studies, subtypes, and even info on personality disorders no longer in the DSM, like passive-aggressive personality disorder. It's basically a textbook.

I have Borderline (well maybe just "tendencies" now) and I too am very dependent. But I'm fiery and opinionated, and don't meet the general definition for Dependent Personality Disorder.

10 mg Abilify, 60 mg Prozac, 15 mg Adderall

The night city grows
Look at the horizon glow
Drinking in the lights
Following the neon signs
Looking at the milky skyline
The city is my church
It wraps me in blinding twilight...

Twizzler :3

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ