View Single Post
Gabby2007

Member Since May 2007
Default May 25, 2007 at 01:46 PM

I just dropped our dog off at a boarding kennel for a few days, I cannot believe the separation anxiety I was feeling, my hands were shaking and I could hardly talk to the office gal.

We adopted her from a rescue three months ago, and she's been quite a bit of work, but I'm caught off guard how hard it was to drop her off. I hope I can enjoy the weekend away!

It's triggering one time when I came home from school and my suitcases were packed, stacked neatly on the bed...I was driven to a different home across town, no explaination nor warning given. My folks had died three months earlier, and I guess this first family just didn't want me anymore.

I promised my little girl-dog I'd be back. I promise. Now I'm anxious about crashing - I don't think I put a 'in case of emergency' on her kennel forms...I never thought about who would take her, oh dear, always something to worry about!

oh, she should go back to the rescue and that is on her collar, right?

~~~~ added later ~~~~~

the last time I saw Momma, she said 'see you on Monday' and 'see you later', is that why leaving anytime is hard? I can't say that to my kids.
Gabby2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote