View Single Post
gloamingone
Poohbah

gloamingone has no updates.

10 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 29, 2015 at 09:45 AM

My 17-year-old is really starting to have a problem with pot. Granted, we aren't sure that he's used since he ran away last month. But last night his dad let him go out with his friends. He came home three hours late, stoned out of his mind. To top it off, my ex didn't feel like arguing with him this morning and let him stay home from school. To me that's unacceptable!

My son is already seeing a substance abuse counselor, but it's been a month now and he hasn't remotely changed his ways. He's still failing all his classes and smoking pot.

I don't know what to do. My ex's therapist and I both say our son needs boundaries, consequences, and stability, which he doesn't get at home. My ex doesn't feel like "rocking the boat," so he does nothing.

I'm starting to wonder if my son needs some more intensive treatment, like an outpatient program. I just don't know what to do anymore.

If I talked to my son's counselor, would it be considered appropriate? I try to let them maintain their patient-client confidentiality, but now I'm not sure if that's the best thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gloamingone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady