View Single Post
Gabby2007
Gabby2007 has no updates.

15 yr Member
Default May 28, 2007 at 10:44 AM

We left for FIL's cabin late Friday afternoon, just after DD got off the school bus. Arriving at the cabin was so sureal for me, I didn't realize how anxious I had been for so long, and I also didn't anticipate how relaxing the cabin was going to be.

Down side was DH and FIL spent most the day Sat and Sun trying to fix a water leak under the cabin, we had no running water either....but amazingly everyone made do with little effort (paper plated it). We did get the dock in Sunday morning, so that felt productive.

I feel I had a jump start on getting a grip on my life. I thought about how difficult it was to leave our dog (and it's holiday so I can't get her until the morning)....

I came home with the determination to do more EMDR - particularly of the 'leaving' of Momma that last time.

We pulled our pop up camper home also, and I found myself obsessing about my losing control ~ I drove the first leg home to face it, and was reminded how nicely it towed....

I don't know where I'll be tomorrow, but for now, I'm feeling more rested and calm than I have in months and months.

Have got to call this T I know and set up some EMDR appointments.
Gabby2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote