View Single Post
nexto

Member Since Jan 2015
Default Feb 04, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Thinking of all the things I wish my ex wife would have communicated without communicating (if that makes sense) to me, here are some things to consider. Space/time for me to come to grips that she was being supportive without her saying so in those terms. If there is an interest in an activity that You would like the 2 of you to take part in(anything) bring it up in normal conversation, with an underlying thought that you would be together, and wouldn't be splitting up to join with other persons. This would have made me more comfortable in social interactions when we were out. There is nothing like feeling alone in a crowd. I feel like that all the time it seems like, and I would like to be able to count on support that there is someone who is there with my best interests in mind. It's thoughtful on your part.
Another thing would be just spending time quietly, not forcing conversation or questioning why they are being quiet or are they alright all the time, this drives us further into ourselves.
For me, also, when my ex would initiate sex or sexual intimacy, it would make me withdraw. We like sex on our terms, we aren't selfish, don't take it like that, we just need to feel that there is not an ulterior motive, and the best way to do that is not to force the idea or ask a bunch of questions that make them have to open up about there private inner feelings. Think about how things went when you were dating.
Remember, you have each other for a reason.
I hope this was a help, nexto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberMorn View Post
I have a question. How can you best help a spouse with this disorder?
nexto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote